Meizu 18 and the 18 Pro have just been announced in an even in China. Both devices are a duet of Snapdragon 888 powered smartphone, and come as the successor to the Meizu 17-series of last year. Both devices has very similar display technologies; both have 120Hz refresh, Quad-HD+ display resolution, a central dot-notch cut-out, DCI-P3 colors gamut and up to 1300 peak brightness nit, with the exception of the vanilla Meizu 18 having a more compact 6.2-inches display, while the 18 Pro comes in a larger 6.7-inches display.
Further more, the compact Meizu 18 has 4000mAh built-in battery with 36W fast charger, while the 18 Pro has 4500mAh battery with 40W fast charging. Aside the display and the battery compartment, another arear of huge differences between the Meizu 18 and the 18 Pro is the camera segment;
- The vanilla 18 has four sensors in all; three on the rear and one upfront
- 64MP + 16MP + 8MP rear
- 20MP front
- The 18 Pro has 6-sensors all together, which includes
- 50MP + 32MP + 8MP + 0.3 MP +TOF 3D on the rear
- 44MP front selfie
Aside the above, other specs remains virtually same between the Meizu 18 and the 18 Pro; both are powered by Snapdragon 888 CPU from Qualcomm, both have up to 12GB RAM with 256GB non-expandable internal storage and both come with dual Nano-SIM, Bluetooth 5.2 and both has Qualcomm’s Ultrasonix fingerprint scanner hidden under the display.
Meizu 18 and 18 Pro pricing
The Meizu 18 comes in Light Blue, White, Aurora colors, while the 18 Pro is painted in Blue, White, Gray. Both of these are priced as follows:
- Meizu 18 Price:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 4,399 yuan or $680 US Dollar
- 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 4,699 yuan or $727 US Dollar
- 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 4,999 yuan or $773 US Dollar
- Meizu 18 Pro Price:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 4,999 yuan or $773 US Dollar
- 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 5,499 yuan or $850 US Dollar
- 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 5,999 yuan or $928 US Dollars
As for availability, both phones are currently on preorder in China starting today, but official sales will begin on the 8th of March.