The Chinese Lenovo group, Motorola Mobility has announced the 5G smartphone dubbed the Motorola edge (2022) in the United States. This new smartphone was released on August 18.
The Motorola edge (2022) has a 6.6 inch FHD + (2400 x 1080) display, and it features an organic EL display with a refresh rate of 144Hz. The OS of the smartphone is the Android 12 version, with a 3-year update guarantee.
The device is powered by a whole 5000mAh large battery that supports a 30W rapid charging technology. It also has support for a 15W wireless charging.
The Motorola edge (2022) comes equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 1050 2.5 GHz octa-core CPU, and the RAM is 8GB, alongside an internal storage capacity of 128GB and 256GB.
The smartphone houses a fingerprint authentication sensor which is inside the screen. It is water repellent, has a USB Type-C connection terminal, but sadly, there is no earphone terminal.
In the camera department, it sports a 50-megapixels + 8-megapixels + 2-megapixels triple camera as the main camera at the rear side, and another 32-megapixels camera for selfies. The Motorola edge (2022) comes in just black color.
Motorola edge (2022) key features
- Dimensions; weight: 160.86 x 74.24 x 7.99 mm; 170 grams
- Display: 6.6 inch FHD+ 2400 x 1080 20:9, 144Hz, OLED, HDR10+
- CPU: MediaTek Dimensity 1050 2.5GHz octa -core
- RAM and Storage: 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB
- OS: Android 12 (My UX)
- Camera: 50MP (main F1.8 OIS) + 13MP (ultra wide angle F1.6) + 2MP (depth F2.4) triple camera
- Front camera: 32MP
- Connectivity: nanoSIM, eSIM, VoLTE, NFC, 5G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Color: Black
- Other Features: Fingerprint authentication sensor (inside the screen), Face authentication, Water repellent (IP52), USB Type-C, dual stereo speakers
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W fast charging, and 15W wireless charging support
Motorola edge (2022) availability and pricing
The Motorola edge (2022) comes in just black color. The device will be released in North America this August. The price in the United States is $499.99.