OPPO have just announced the A58 5G smartphone in China, rocking a 6.56-inches screen, Dimensity 700 8-core CPU and a large 5000mAh battery that is powered by a 33W fast charger.
The A58 5G is the direct successor to the A57 5G that was introduced few months ago. The design of the new comer look refreshed, especially on the rear, something similar to the OPPO A17 that was announced recently.
OPPO decided to stick with two camera sensors on the A58 5G. The sensors comprises of a 50-megapixel primary shooter featuring PDAF and F/1.8 aperture, and a secondary 2-megapixel depth sensor with F/2.4.
The phone also has a single 8megapixel camera with the dewdrop notch on the front. Thankfully, the HD+ screen supports a 90Hz refresh rating for a more smoother screen. The phone is available in either 6/8GB RAM, paired with 128/256GB ROM.
OPPO A58 5G key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 163.8 x 75.04 x 7.99 mm; 188 grams
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD screen with 720 x 1612px HD+ with 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB ROM and 6/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Dual-Cameras:
- 50MP f/1.8 main,
- 2MP depth f/2.4 cameras
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.0
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C, Stereo speakers
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W fast charging
OPPO A58 5G pricing and availability
OPPO’s A58 5G is currently available in China. It comes in Tranquil Blue, Star Black and Breeze Purple colors. As for pricing, the higher model with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM will set you back at 1699 CNY, an equivalent of about $234.