Xiaomi sub-brand Poco, have just announced the M3 globally as promised. The device is the direct successor to the M2 launched back in the early days of September 2020. Like the older variant, the Poco M3 also comes in a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD display with a Dotdrop notch.
The company removed the Mediatek CPU on the M2, and replaced it with Qualcomm’s Snapragon 662 SoC, which has Adreno 610 GPU and backed with 4GB RAM and 64/128GB UFS 2.x built-in storage.
On the optics, you are getting a 48-megapixel primary camera with LED flash along with a 2-megapixel 4cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a two-tone design with anti-fingerprint finish, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a large 6000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, while Google Android 10 with MIUI v12 runs out of the box.
Poco M3 Key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm; TBU
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD screen with 1080 x 2340px HD+ with 19.5:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core Snapdragon 662 with Adreno 610 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64GB (USF 2.1) or 128GB (UFS 2.2) and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Camera: Tripe-Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 main camera; 2MP depth and 2MP 4CM macro lens
- Front camera: 8MP with f/2.05 aperture
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Battery: 6000mAh with 18W fast charging
Poco M3 price and availability
The Poco M3 is available in Power Black, Cool Blue, and POCO Yellow. and you can own one via Aliexpress; $149 for the base model with 64GB ROM and $169 for the 128GB storage variant. Purchased made during Black Friday sales will save you extra $20.