Just as we anticipated a few days ago, the Xiaomi A series phone brands without MIUI are back. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Xiaomi, announced the low-budget smartphone called Xiaomi Redmi A1 just as promised to launch on September 6.
This Redmi A1, like we rightly said, is a low-budget smartphone for low-end users, and it is perfect for people who are looking for simple smartphones where they can make calls, send messages and use WhatsApp without rigors or complications. We are going to know all the specifications of this new ultra-cheap Redmi smartphone to see if it is worth it.
The Redmi A1 is very similar to the Xiaomi 11 in design. Although the screen frame is way thicker and the back cover is not glass as the Xiaomi 11. The device comes with a 6.52-inch HD + (1600 x 720) screen display.
In order to maximize a good range of performance, the Redmi A1 device equips a MediaTek Helio A22 MT6761V / WB 2.0GHz quad-core CPU, along with an efficient Android 12 Go Edition OS, and not just Android 12.
Regarding the cameras, in the back it has two sensors. The device shows an 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual camera as the main camera. Coming to the front side, there is another 5-megapixel camera for taking selfies.
Redmi A1 is also equipped with a built-in 5000mAh large battery that supports 10W fast charging technology. Coming to the memory and storage, the smartphone offers a 2GB RAM, and 32GB internal storage capacity, and can be expanded up to 512GB with a micro-SD.
For what the phone costs, it’s not bad at all, seeing that it is a low-budget smartphone. It sports a leather-like back, has an authentication sensor that supports face authentication. To charge the phone, there is a Micro-USB connection terminal, and there is an earphone terminal.
Redmi A1 key specs
- Dimensions; weight: 164.9 × 76.75 × 9.09 mm; 192 grams
- Display (Main): 6.52 inch HD+ 1600 x 720 20:9, IPS
- CPU: MediaTek Helio A22 MT6761V/WB 2.0GHz quad-core with IMG PowerVR GE8300 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM and 32GB (microSD expanded up to 512GB)
- OS: Android 12 Go Edition OS,
- Camera: 8MP (main 1/1.55 F1.8 OIS) + 2MP (ultra wide angle) dual camera
- Front camera: 5MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM), 4G VoLTE, 4G LTE compatible, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Color: Light Green, Light Blue, Black
- Other Features: Face recognition, Earphone terminal, MicroUSB
- Battery: 5000mAh with10W fast charge
Redmi A1 availability and pricing
The Redmi A1 smartphone is offered in three colors: Light Green, Light Blue, and Black. It is scheduled for release this September, 2022 in Indian markets. The price would start at 6,499 INR ($81.31).