Xiaomi and it Redmi brand has officially introduced the Redmi A1+ smartphone in Nigeria. As far as the phone’s design and specifications are concern, it is nothing far from the vanilla Redmi A1 announced earlier in India. In fact, both phones are the same on all sides, except that the Plus version brings a rear fingerprint scanner, which is absent on the standard model.
Running through some of it key features and specs, you are still getting the device in a 6.52-inches screen with 720 x 1600 pixels. The phone is powered by the same Helio A22 quad-core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz, and it is available in a single 32GB ROM, with either 2/3-Gigs of RAM.
Note that the Redmi A1-series are the cheapest smartphones from Xiaomi for the year 2022. The phones are targeted at the budget minded folks, and so is every specs they offer, including camera. Talking about camera, you are getting two lenses on the rear; an 8-megapixle main shooter, pegged with a QVGA depth lens, while the selfie camera on the front is capped at 5-megapixels.
The Redmi A1 Plus is powered by a 5000mAh battery with 10W micro-USB charger. It has dual Nano-SIMs, and 4G LTE network is available on both SIMs. The A1+ support Wired FM radio, Bluetooth 5.0, while Google Android 12 (Go Edition) is factory preloaded.
Redmi A1+ (A1 Plus) key features
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz quad-core Helio A22 CPU with PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 32GB and 2/3GB RAM; with microSD support
- OS: Android 12 (Go Edition)
- Camera: Dual:
- 8MP, f/2.0
- QVGA Depth
- Front camera: 5MP Selfie with F/2.2
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected] (front and back camera)
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charger
Redmi A1+ pricing and availability
The Redmi A1 Plus comes in Light Green, Light Blue, and Black colors. It is already on sales in Nigeria, and the official asking price is N56,900, an equivalent of about $90 USD.