In addition to the Reno8 Pro and Reno8 Pro Plus, OPPO also announced the vanilla Reno8 along with the company’s second tablet, the OPPO Tab Air. This year’s Reno8 series started on a larger screen footing, with the Pro Plus model touching up to 6.7-inches.
OPPO Reno8 5G
The standard Reno8 however, is the most compact device in the series, coming in a 6.43-inches screen with 90Hz refresh rating. The processing power on here is from MediaTek Dimensity 1300. It is a 5G CPU, and it is backed by either 8/12GB RAM, merged with 128/256GB ROM.
Coming to the camera department, the main snapper on the vanilla Reno8 is a 50-megapixel lens, along with a 2-megapixel macro and a third 2-megapixel black and white sensor. For the selfie camera, the same 32-megapixel IMX707 sensor is used across the three models.
Aside being the most compact of the three, the Reno8 5G is also the most affordable device in the lineup, but it still features the same 4500mAh battery power with 80W fast charging technology on the other models.
OPPO Reno8 5G key specs and features
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED screen with 1080 x 2400 FHD+ with 20:9 ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 3.0GHz octa-core Dimensity 1300 with Mali-G77 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB ROM and 8/12GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- 50MP Main with f/1.8 aperture
- 2MP B/W sensor with F/2.4 and
- 2MP Macro with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 32MP (Sony IMX709)
- Video recording: 4K@30fps / 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh with 80W fast charging
OPPO Pad Air
The OPPO Pad Air is the fourth device introduced by the company today. It is actually a cheaper alternative to the initial OPPO Pad, hence instead of the flagship Snapdragon 870 CPU on OPPO Pad, the Pad Air is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 680 CPU.
The model sports 10.36 2K LTPS display, and available in either 4/6GB RAM with 64/128-Gigs of built-in storage. It is powered by a 7100mAh battery with 18W fast charger and boot Google Android 12 with ColorOS for PAD out of the box.
OPPO Pad Air key specs and features
- Display: 10.36-inch LTPS screen with 1200 x 2000 2K screen
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 680 with Adreno 610 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/64GB ROM and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS for PAD
- Main Camera: 8-megapixel with F/2.0
- Front camera: 5-megapixel with F/2.2
- Video recording: 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: FaceID, USB Type-C
- Battery: 7100mAh with 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Reno8 5G is available in Night Tour Black, Clear Sky Blue and Slightly Drunk, while the OPPO Pad Air is painted in Fog Gray and Star Silver colors. As for pricing, the Reno8 start from 2,499 yuan for the 8GB RAM with 128GB ROM, while the base memory option on the Pad Air is priced at 1,299, an equivalent of 375 and 195 US Dollars respectively.