Samsung have just announced another variants of the vanilla Galaxy S20 in the United State. It is a Military grade smartphone dubbed the Galaxy S20 TE (Tactical Edition). The device has an impressive 6.2-inch display 1440 x 3200 (Quad-HD+) pixels resolution with a Dynamic AMOLED display.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy S20 TE is a mission-ready solution tailored to the unique needs of operators in the federal government and Department of Defense. The device combines unique customized software to work in unison with existing tactical equipment along with DualDAR architecture, offering multiple layers of encryption.
As for as specification goes, the Galaxy S20 TE is equiped with almost similar specifications and features as the vanilla S20 launched back in February of 2020, some of which includes:
- Dimensions; weight: 68.6 x 152.4 x 7.6mm; 162g
- Display: 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 3200 x 1440 px QHD+; 60Hz or 120Hz
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Storage and RAM: 12GB/128GB; expandable up to 1TB via microSD
- OS: Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Camera: 12MP f/1.8 main camera; 64MP 3X zoom, f/2.0; 12MP ultra wide f/2.2
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.2
- Video recording: 4K video recording on both sides
- Connectivity: LTE Cat 20 w/ support for sub-6 5G
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with fast wired and wireless charging
The device also come with a dedicated night-vision mode and has an ugly body-wearing armor that lets you unlock the screen in landscape mode. The Tactical Edition of the Galaxy S-series seems to be a replacement to the Active Edition which has followed the Galaxy S-series since the S4 up to the Galaxy S8 Active of August, 2017. Although Samsung skipped a Tactic Edition of the S10-series, but there was a Tactic Edition of S9, and now, the S20.