It been about two consecutive years since Samsung launch a Mini version of it flagship smartphone. But then, what’s the need for a Mini-flagship, I mean so many affordable flagships already, even from same OEM. On the other side, if you prefer holding something very close to flagship, then the Samsung Galaxy 9 Mini is your best bet.
The Galaxy S9 Mini is currently undergoing factory treatment in China. A device believed to be the S9 mini, with the model number SM-G8750, surfaced on the Geekbench benchmark application revealing few details about it.
According to the Geekbench application, the device with model number SM-G8750, will run on Android 8.0 Oreo with Experience UI on top. Powering the device will be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core processor clocked at 1.8Ghz and 4GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Mini Specifications and Features
- Dimensions; Weight: Unknown
- Display: 5.7-inch Full-HD+ FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-Core Snapdragon 660 CPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Main Camera: Unknown
- Front Camera: Unknown
- Connectivity: Hybrid slot (nano + nano/ microSD), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio,
- Available Colors: Black
- Battery Capacity: NA
- Price: $479
Update: 12th April 2017
Now a new smartphone with model number SM-G8850 has been certified by TENAA in China. This is said to be another version of the S9 Mini for the Chinese market. It has a 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED screen, same as the S9, but the rear camera and fingerprint sensor arrangement is different compared to the S9 and the S9 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Mini Price and Availability
Not much is known about this device yet, but it is widely rumored that the device is currently in the testing phase in China, so more news will definitely creep out soon