Just as promised, POCO, a sub-brand of Xiaomi has official announced the long rumored X3 smartphone. The device which is the direct successor to the Poco X2, comes in a 6.7-inches FHD+ display, with 1080 x 2400 Tiny Dot display. The device is a mid-range runner, but still rocks a 120Hz refresh rate with the DynamicSwitch, and a flagship-level touch sampling rate of 240Hz.
On the inside, the Poco X3 NFC run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G SoC, 8nm process, with up to 2.3GHz clock speed and Adreno 618 GPU for smooth gaming experience. The device can even be paired with FunCooler with 5-fan blades, 91 cooling aluminium heat sink and FunCooler Pro with 7-fan blades, 147 cooling aluminium heat sink sold separately at at €29.90 and €39 respectively.
Upon that, there is still a built-in LiquidCool technology 1.0 Plus which ensure the device remains stable during heavy gaming without the backup fans. Storage options includes 128GB internal storage, expandable via SD slot up to 256GB paired with 6GB of RAM.
For the optics, the X3 comes with a quad-camera setup at the back featuring a 64MP Sony IMX682 primary lens, 13MP ultra-wide lens, 2 MP macro shooter, and a 2 MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 20 MP sensor with an f/2.2 lens.
The phone is based on MIUI 12 running on Google Android 10 out of the box alongside Poco Launcher 2.0. Under the hood, the X3 is backed by a 5160 mAh battery and 33W fast charging technology, which takes about an hour and 6-minutes from 0-100%.
Poco X3 NFC Key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 165.3×76.8×9.4 mm; 215 grams
- Display: 6.67-inch LCD 1080 2400px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio, HDR10 and 120Hz, 90Hz and 60Hz refresh rate
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 732 with Adreno 618 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128 GB and 6GB RAM
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Camera: Quad- cameras: 64MP f/1.7 Sony IMX682 sensor main camera; 2MP macro lens, 13MP ultra wide and 2MP depth
- Front camera: 20MP Tiny DOT Notch camera
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / 4G LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted), USB Type-C, dual stereo speaker, NFC, IR Blaster
- Battery: 5160 mAh with 33W fast charging
POCO X3 Pricing and availability
The Poco X3 is available in Shadow Gray and Cobalt Blue colors. Early buyers will get the phone at €199 ($235) for the 6GB + 64GB model and €249 ($300) for the 6GB + 128GB model. As from September 9th, (Sept. 11th for Europe), the device will be €30 more on both variant. The device will be available via popular online stores such as eBay, Amazon, Shopee, Gearbest, Tmall, Aliexpress, and on mi.com.