Xiaomi also announced the Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ in China, along with the vanilla K40. But instead of the Snapdragon 870 Chip in the K40, the K40 Pro and Pro Plus comes with the newest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 CPU. Even though there is a Pro Plus model, the desire for a larger 6.81-inches display with QHD+ screen is not fulfilled, instead, both the K40 Pro and the K40 Pro+, and even the standard K40 comes in a 6,67-inches display.
You can learn more about the vanilla K40 here, but as for the K40 Pro and Pro Plus, there are three key difference between the model
- The K40 Pro+ is available only in 12GB RAM and 256GB storage variant; all 6/8GB RAM memory combination are reserved for the K40 Pro
- Even though both phone have similar triple camera setups, the K40 Pro’s main lens is 64-megapixel, while the Pro Plus on the other hand has 108-megapixel main lens.
- Still on camera, on the front, the K40 Pro+ has a larger 32-megapixel selfie lens, while the K40 Pro retains same 20-megapixel selfie snapper used on the non-pro model.
Aside the above, other specs of the K40 Pro and K40 Pro Plus remains same; the other two camera sensor on the rear of both phones are a combination of 8MP ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture and 119° FoV, along with a 5MP telemacro camera. Interestingly, Xiaomi almost import same camera features and AI tricks seen on the Mi 11, including AI magic clone, front and rear dual scenes, AI magic kaleidoscope, movie lens, AI blockbuster Video, time-lapse photography and Film filters, just to name a few.
Like the standard model, this is also built into a 7.8mm thin frame, meaning you are getting same 4520mAh battery with 33W fast charging. The models are loaded with features such as X-axis linear motors, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio, Dolby Atmos and Audio Zoom for video.
Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ pricing
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 2,799 yuan or $433
- 8GB RAM + 128GB RAM = 2,999 yuan or $464
- 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 3,299 yuan or $511
- 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 3,699 yuan or $572
Note that only the Standard K40 model, and the K40 Pro Plus model (aka K40 Ultra) is available with 12GB RAM and 256GB ROM. As for availability, the K40 and K40 Pro is currently in preorder in China, and official sales will begin on the 4th of March, while the Pro Plus model will be delayed till the end of March.