Tecno Phantom X is now official, and just as the title suggests, the device has the best camera in any Tecno phone yet. So even though the phone is a total upgrade over the Phantom 9 of 2019, the camera prowess is like nothing on any Tecno phone currently. This includes a 50-megapixel f/1.85 aperture, with 1/1.3 sensor size, 2.4µm pixels, dual Pixel PDAF along with a dedicated Laser AF as well as four LED flashes.
In addition to the above, for the first time, Tecno Mobile is introducing a dedicated 13-megapixel Telephoto lens, capable of up to 2x optical zoom, along with a third 8-megapixel ultrawide angle lens with up to 120-degree FoV. Turning to the front, you get a dual 48-megapixel main lens and a secondary 8-megapixe wide lens as the selfie setup, and these are hidden in a pill-notch cutout within the display.
Under the hood, the Phantom X rocks MediaTek’s Helio G95 gaming CPU. This SoC has 2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs, along with Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
Just a reminder that the Phantom series is Tecno’s flagship phone, so the company seems to be maxing out all her techs on this one. Moving from the internal specs to the outward built, you are getting Corning Gorilla Class 5 protection on the rear and front of the phone, covering the display.
Talking about display, the Phantom X sports a 6.7-inches screen with 1080 x 2340 pixels. The screen panel is a Super AMOLED unit, and it has 90Hz refresh rating with a biometric scanner hidden underneath. This screen have an edge-to-edge water fall design with tiny bezels on all corners of the phone, resulting to above 90% screen-to-body ratio.
Additionally, the phone has a 4700mAh battery on the inside, and the unit support 33W fast charging via UBB Type-C interface.
Tecno Phantom X Specs and Features:
- Display: 6.7-inches IPS LCD 1080 x 2340px FHD+ with 19.5:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.05GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 with Mali-G76 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 256GB and 8GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
- Main Camera: Triple:
- Main lens: 50 MP, f/1.85,1/1.3″, 1.2µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF
- Telephoto lens: 13 MP, 50mm, PDAF, 2x Optical zoom
- Ultrawide lens: 8 MP, 120˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Four LED flash
- Front camera: Dual:
- Main: 48 MP, f/2.2
- Ultrawide: 8 MP
- Single LED flash
- Video recording: [email protected]/60fps and1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4700mAh with 33W fast charger
- TECNO Phantom X FULL SPECS HERE
Tecno Phantom X Pricing
It is worth nothing that the Phantom X has not been released in any country or market yet, hence there is no official statement on the pricing. But based on the post we wrote earlier, we do know that the phone will be price at N228,000 in Nigeria and Khs. 49,999 in Kenya, translating to around $554 and $464 US Dollars respectively. The device comes in Starry Night Blue and Monet Summer, and availability should be from July.