Tecno announced their Spark 5-series few days/weeks ago. And even up until now, some bloggers, and even the almighty GSMArena still believes that the Spark 5 has octa-core CPU. Well, that is not the case. As a matter of fact, the standard Spark 5 and the Spark 5 Air runs on the Mediatek Helio A22 Chip, which is a quad-core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz, and only the Tecno Spark 5 Pro has an octa-core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz.
Of course, the CPU is the Mediatek Helio P22 SoC pegged with PowerVR GE8320 GPU. Also, the Spark 5 Pro comes with 4GB of RAM and a larger 64GB of internal storage, which can be increased by a 256GB of external storage.
Another aspects of the device that saw a little touch of upgrade, is the camera compartment. There are five camera sensors on the Spark 5; four at the back and a single 8-megapixel selfie lens upfront. Of the four at the back, the main snapper is 13-megapixel. That 13 MP is now pushed to 16 MP on the Spark 5 Pro. Aside these, other aspect of the Spark 5 Pro remain same as Spark 5.
Tecno Spark 5 Pro key specification
- 6.6-inch (1600 X 720) pixels) HD+ display with 480 nit Brightness, 3D back cover with gradient finish
- 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage
- HiOS 6.1 based on Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 16MP (primary f/1.8 aperture) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) + “AI” lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with dual-LED flash
- AI Beauty Mode, Portrait Mode, in-build localized AR Stickers and Wide Selfie Mode
- Physical rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 5000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.75 mm
- Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Vacation Blue, and Misty Grey color options