Tecno Mobile have just announced the Spark 9 smartphone in India. The device is the standard version in the 9-series, and should not be confused with the Spark 9T and the 9 Pro. However, it borrows the same MediaTek Helio G37 octa-core CPU used on the 9T, but with a different rear looks.
Interestingly, the Spark 9 comes in same 6.6-inches screen, with 720 x 1600 pixels. It has a dewdrop notch on the head, and the display panel supports 90Hz refresh rate. The User Interface is Android 12, and it has Tecno’s HiOS 8.6 out of the box.
The inherent Helio G37 CPU is backed by IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU, along with either 4/6GB RAM, and 64/128GB ROM. The Spark 9 is designed with Memory expansion capability. As a result, you can borrow extra 5GB RAM from the internal storage, thereby expanding the RAM up to 9 or 11 Gigs.
As for the camera specifications, the phone is given two camera lenses on the rear; a 13-megapixel main lens, and a secondary QVGA AI depth sensor, while a single 8-megapixel frontal snapper is kept on the front.
Tecno Spark 9 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.6-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G37 CPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/6GB RAM (5GB RAM expansion and up to 512GB storage expansion
- OS: Android 12 with HiOS 8.6
- Camera: Dual-cameras
- 13MP main camera
- QVGA Ai depth sensor
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charging
Tecno Spark 9 pricing and availability
The Spark 9 is currently available in Sky Mirror and Infinity Black colors. It is comes at an introductory price of Rs. 8,499 for 4GB + 64GB and Rs. 9,499 for 6GB + 128GB, an equivalent of 107 and 119 US Dollars respectively. It will be available from Amazon.in starting from 23rd July 2022.