Gionee have just announced the vanilla version of M12. This is the smaller variant of the Gionee M12 Pro announced few months ago. Recall that M12 Pro comes with Mediatek Helio P60, has a rectangular camera design and a dewdrop notch. This is not the case with the new Gionee M12; the device has larger 6.55-inches HD+ display with a Tiny-Dot notch overhead.
Interestingly, the Gionee M12 comes with two CPU and memory options on the inside; the first option has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM, and backed by a 1.8GHz octa-core Mediatek Helio A25 CPU, while the second option has 6GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage, and source strength from a 2.0GHz octa-core, Helio P22 Chipset from Mediatek.
Both options has PowerVR GE8320 GPU, and boot Google Android 10 out of the box. You are also getting a rear placed fingerprint scanner, dual 4G SIM slots, and a 5100mAh built-in battery that charges via a USB Type-C interface.
As for the camera department, the Gionee M12 come with four camera modules at the back, pioneered by Samsung’s GM1 sensor, a 48-megapixel snapper, paired with three other auxiliary lenses, among which is a 5-megapixel wide snapper, while a single 16-megapixel lens is housed in the notch upfront.
Gionee M12 key specs and features
- Display: 6.55-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ punch display
- CPU: Octa-Core 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio A25 MT6762D (4GB RAM version); or Octa-Core 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 (6GB RAM version) with PowerVR GE8320
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10
- Camera: Quad-rear cameras (48MP primary, 5MP Ultrawide, 2 MP Macro and 2 MP Depth
- Front camera: 16MP
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5100 mAh
Gionee M12 availability and price
The Gionee M12 is available in Black and Blue color. The device has just been launched in Nigeria, and will be sold via Gionee Official online store via Jumia,
although, pricing for the two variants was not revealed as at writing.
As for pricing, the base model with 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM and Helio A25 is priced at N69,400, while the higher model with 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM and Helio P22 will set you back @N79,800, translating to $182 and $210 USD respectively.