Xiaomi‘s Redmi Note 6 Pro smartphone has just been announced in Thailand. The handset comes with almost similar specs sheet as the older Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, except for the increased display estate, the added notch cut-out and of course, a 19:9 aspect ratio.
As for the camera department, for the first time, Xiaom has included dual rear sensor up-front, consisting of 20MP and 2MP shooters, with the secondary camera likely to be a depth sensor for offering bokeh effects. At the back, the handset sports dual 12MP + 5MP snappers with LED flash and f/1.9 aperture. The cameras support AI scene detection, EIS, AI Beautify 4.0, and AI Portrait 2.0.
Internally, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro is powered by same old Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 chipset seen on Redmi 5 pro, along with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. It is also believed that the device will have 3GB RAM version, probably slated to launch in other regions.
Other specifications of the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro includes dual-SIM, Android Oreo, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS. The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro is still stocked with USB 2.0 port for charging and data transfers, while still retaining a 3.5mm audio jack. All the rubbers and engines above are fueled by a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes in Black, Blue and Rose Gold colors. It has just been announced and of course, available to Thailandians, either via Lazada or the currently ongoing Thailand Mobile Expo. As for pricing, the Redmi 6 Pro is priced at 6,990 Thai Baht, (translating to about $216) for the 4GB + 64GB version.