Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi, has just announced two new smartphones in India; the Note 9 Pro and the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (a long naming scheme right?). Well, before we get into more details, it important to note that there are no major difference between the Redmi Note 9 Pro and the Note 9 Pro Max except;
- While the main sensor on the Note 9 Pro is a 48-megapixel module, combined with a 16-megapixel selfie lens, the Note 9 Pro Max has a larger 64-megapixel main sensor, combined with a 32-megapixel selfie snapper.
- Then, there is a little pinch of differences in the memory or storage department. While the Note 9 Pro has a base model with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage and a higher variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max’s storage versions includes a 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM and a higher 8GB RAM pegged with 128GB internal ROM.
- Then pricing of course: The Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with a price tag of Rs 12,999 for the base model with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage option and Rs 15,999 for the 6GB RAM + 128GB of internal storage. As for the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, pricing starts at Rs 14,999 for 6GB RAM + 64GB storage option, Rs 16,999 for 6GB RAM + 128GB storage option and Rs 18,999 for 8GB RAM + 128GB of internal storage.
- The Note 9 Pro will be available for purchase in India starting from March 17, while the Pro Max is pushed a week ahead, to start selling from March 25th.
- Although, both smartphone comes with a large 5020mAh battery, but the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max comes with 33W fast charging support, while the Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with 18W fast charging support
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, Redmi Note 9 Pro specifications
Aside the little comparison and differences above, the remaining specifications in both smartphones remains same. Both the phones are loaded with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ display with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels along with triple Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and come with above 84% screen to body ratio.
Internally, there is the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor along with Adreno 618 GPU, same CPU used in the recently announced Realme 6 Pro. Both phones are also available in three color options including Aurora Blue, Glacier White and Interstellar Black, has three-in-one slot, housing two nano SIMs and up to 512GB microSD card slot.
How about the Camera setups?
Both the Redmi Note 9 Pro and the Note 9 Pro Max are loaded with a quad-camera setups at the back. In facts, it is practically impossible to tell which of these smartphone is the 9 Pro and which is the Pro Max, as both device features same design through and through.
But while the main camera on Note 9 Pro is a 48-megapixel Samsung GM2 Sensor, the Note 9 Pro Max comes with a 64-megapixel camera with Samsung GW1 sensor. And then, there is a 16-megapixel selfie lens on the former, and a 32-megapixel selfie on the later.
The other three auxiliary sensors at he back are similar on both variants. This includes an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5-megapixel 2cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro run on Android 10 with MIUI 11 with NavIC navigation support.